Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Potting Shed 335 - Half Shed, Half Greenhouse
- All timber used in the construction of these potting sheds originates from sustainable forests
- All timber is treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative which is colourless to enhance the natural beauty of the wood
- This building is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections will pass through a normal single door
SHED STANDARD FEATURES
- Western red cedar shiplap wall cladding (a managed and replanted natural resource)
- Strong 21mm pressure treated deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong deal planed framework
- Framed, ledged and braced single door with mortice lock fitted
- 1 opening window (8'10"x6'6" potting shed)
- 2 opening windows (all other sizes)
- High level non opening windows between the shed and the greenhouse
- Toughened safety glass
- Mineral felted roof
- Door height 6'1" (1845mm)
- Door width 2'8" (805mm)
- Eaves height 6'9" (2050mm)
- Ridge height 8'0" (2445mm)
GREENHOUSE STANDARD FEATURES
- Western Red Cedar frame (a managed and replanted natural resource)
- Grey powder coated aluminium base plinth (makes greenhouse installation easy)
- Heavy duty ex 2"x2" and 2"x3" cedar framing (finished sizes 45mm x 45mm and 45mm x 70mm)
- Strong frame requires no diagonal braces
- Morticed and tenoned frame joints
- Morticed and tenoned doors and vents
- Toughened safety glass
- Puttyless glazing with substantial external capping screwed in to ensure the glass is tight fitting
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- Grey powder coated aluminium gutter with downpipe
- Black round PVC downpipe and stopends
- Durable aluminium retaining clips ensure that the roof glass is retained securely at the eaves
- The glass overhangs into the gutter to ensure that the cedar framing is not exposed at the eaves
- The glass overhangs the base all round to ensure that the cedar framing is not exposed at low level
- Stainless steel fixing screws
- Aluminium base fixing bolts
- Roof vents are fitted as standard with automatic openers which react to heat to ensure that in hot weather the window ventilates in your absence
- 1 free roof vent and 1 low level louvre vent included with 8'10"x6'6" and 8'10"x8'7" potting sheds
- 2 free roof vents and 2 low level louvre vents included with 8'10"x10'7" and 8'10"x12'8" potting sheds
- Half boarded single sliding door with lockable catch
- Low threshold doorway for easy access
- Grey powder coated aluminium door threshold
- Grey powder coated aluminium pelmet threshold
- Durable aluminium running gear ensures smoother door operation and longer lasting performance
- No exposed wood at the top of the door
- No door timber in contact with the ground
- Door height 6'2" (1890mm)
- Door width 1'10" (560mm)
- Eaves height 5'7" (1700mm) including base plinth
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Full height toughened glass is supplied in larger sizes than horticultural glass with no overlapping glass.
BASE PLINTH: The base plinth makes installation much easier. It is designed to be a portable and prefabricated foundation beam. The plinth features a flat underside to spread the weight of the greenhouse over a larger area. The base plinth can be placed on any flat and level surface including soil, gravel, decking, concrete or paving slabs. It is best to prepare a perimeter footing of concrete or paving slabs for the base plinth to stand on. However, with care the base plinth can be placed on any surface including soil or gravel provided that the ground is flat and level.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of shed to the left, as pictured, or shed to the right (viewed from the front)
- Strong 21mm thick pressure treated workbench under the window, recessed at the door end to allow for easy access, length to suit the potting shed (finished size after machining)
- Additional opening window to rear of shed
- Internal sliding door between shed and greenhouse
- Choice of cedar or aluminium external greenhouse capping
- Grey powder coated aluminium greenhouse staging, length to suit the greenhouse
- Grey powder coated aluminium high level greenhouse shelving, length to suit the greenhouse
- Freestanding staging and potting tables
- Additional louvred vents
- Automatic louvre openers
- Attractive wooden slatted water butts
- Internal roller blinds - to protect your plants in a summer heatwave!
- Potting trays
- Seed trays
- Cedar cold frames
- Electric and gas heaters
- Thermometers and soil gauges
- Automatic watering systems
CEDAR CAPPING: The external capping protects the main structural framing timber which remains dry in all weather. Cedar capping provides a softer and more traditional appearance. The natural durability of cedar combined with the use of aluminium in vulnerable areas ensures that cedar capping will last. The cedar capping is treated with a colourless preservative.
ALUMINIUM CAPPING: With aluminium capping specified, there is hardly any external timber. The appearance is more modern but the overall impression remains of a beautiful cedar greenhouse. With the main structural timbers protected from the elements, the aluminium capping provides the ultimate performance with the look and feel of cedar and the durability of aluminium. The aluminium capping is powder coated grey.
VENTILATION: Improved ventilation increases the air circulation through the greenhouse for better growing results. Automatic openers react to heat which ensures that in hot weather the vents open in your absence and then close again when its cooler. Louvred ventilators provide a healthy air flow through the greenhouse to ensure improved growing conditions and better crops. Vents are an integral part of the greenhouse so it is easier to fit extra vents at the outset. Some plants such as alpines require more ventilation than others. If you are not yet sure which plants you are likely to grow improved ventilation will give you more versatility.
BUILT IN ALUMINIUM STAGING: Our built in aluminium staging provides a useful work surface and additional growing space in your greenhouse. It is bolted to the greenhouse frame and adjustable to any height. There are no legs below the staging, which gives you more flexible storage space. The staging is made to the same lengths as the internal walls to ensure a neat fit when a full length staging is specified. For this reason the actual length of the staging may be slightly less than the nominal lengths listed.
BUILT IN SLATTED SHELVING: The built in slatted shelving matches the staging although it is not as wide. It is fixed to the greenhouse frames and provides extra growing space or useful extra storage. The shelving is adjustable to any height but it is often fitted at a higher level than the staging. Often the shelving is fitted above the staging where it provides handy storage at your fingertips directly above the main growing area. The shelving can also be fitted at waist height for use as narrow staging on one or both sides. The shelving is made to the same lengths as the internal walls to ensure a neat fit when a full length shelving is specified. For this reason the actual length of the shelving may be slightly less than the nominal lengths listed.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
BUBBLE INSULATION: Bubble insulation helps to protect plants and reduces winter heating costs. The insulation is attached to the inside of the frame using retaining brackets. The brackets are easily fixed to the greenhouse frame and they hold the insulation securely in place. This product is quick and easy to fit the first time and even quicker subsequently. The pack includes insulation, retaining brackets and instructions.
ROLLER BLINDS: Shading is normally required on one side of the greenhouse only, the sunny side. Attractive and versatile, these fully retractable and tensioned roof roller blinds will protect your plants. Internal blinds also provide significant insulation and reduce winter heating costs. Each blind provides shade for one glazing section. Roller blinds are normally fitted to one side of the roof. This protects against the strongest sunlight from directly overhead. If extra shading is required the blinds can be fitted just as easily in the walls of the greenhouse. The length of a blind can be reduced easily if required to allow for protruding vents handles. All fittings are supplied. DIY installation requires only a spanner.
POLYPROPYLENE FLOOR TILES: A durable polypropylene floor or footpath is an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Easy to install within a few minutes, these interlocking polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Unlike slabs or concrete these pavers are lightweight, easy to install and fully relocatable. Designed to spread weight, the finished floor is capable of supporting 36 tonnes per square metre. First the ground is levelled and then the pavers are laid directly on the soil. The pavers can also be laid on grass, sand or gravel. The finished floor or footpath is self draining and suitable for wheelbarrows and wheelchairs. It fits comfortably inside the greenhouse with a few inches to spare. The tiles are easily prised apart by folding so the floor is even quicker to remove if required.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Designed to spread weight, our plastic bases are self draining and fully relocatable. A fully paved base has no soil inside the greenhouse. A perimeter base features a single row of pavers laid around the perimeter of the greenhouse with soil inside. The kits include weed control membrane which is laid below the pavers. First the ground is levelled and then the membrane is laid directly on the soil. The pavers are laid on the membrane. The pavers should be backfilled with pea shingle which is not supplied. Approximately 20kg of shingle is required per paver. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid paver is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids can be laid on soil or shingle. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is stronger, less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. We recommend eco-paving bases for larger sheds and workshops, log cabins, commercial use and any other heavy duty applications. It is also recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or shingle. Supporting up to 200 tonnes per square metre, each eco-grid paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These garden sheds are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your greenhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this garden shed by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- Low cost installation available in many areas
- Pay separately on completion
THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS: Since we were established in 1981 we have connected thousands of customers to our unique network of independent fitters and baselayers. Specialist teams have offered to install our buildings or lay bases in many areas at low fixed rates in return for recurring work. The prices are offered within a specific area and subject to conditions. You deal direct with the fitter or baselayer which keeps the prices low and you pay them separately on completion. We make no commission except for a small upfront referral fee. The fitters and baselayers pay us nothing and we pay them nothing. Although we do not manage or supervise the work directly we listen carefully to feedback and any team who provides a poor service is removed from our network. For decades this effective system has provided a low cost option for our customers with high levels of satisfaction.
LOW PRICES FOR BASELAYING AND INSTALLATION: Low cost fitters and baselayers are available in many areas. To see the prices in your local area just enter the first half of your postcode at the top of every page or CLICK HERE. All of the specialist teams available in your area are listed alongside the building prices. To see their prices and conditions just click on the blue "i" symbol next to each team. To order online just add your chosen fitter or baselayer to your shopping basket before you proceed to the checkout.
NO FITTERS IN YOUR AREA? If you cannot see any fitters or baselayers in your area please contact us. We can often obtain a competitive quote from a team who is willing to travel a bit further. If you experience any other problems, for example entering your postcode or finding the fitting prices just contact us.
FITTERS & BASELAYERS REQUIRED - REGISTER FREE: Give your business a boost - we can put you in touch with customers in your local area! We need more fitters and base layers in all areas across England, Scotland and Wales. Register now - its free! It only takes a few minutes to register. Just CLICK HERE to apply online.