Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Pent Roof Log Cabin 530 - Double Glazed, FSC® Certified
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944(259), licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden
- 45mm thick double tongued and grooved wall logs
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved floor boards
- Pressure treated 45mm x 60mm floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Double hinged doors 1.59m wide x 1.96m high (5'2" x 6'5")
- 2 side hinged tilt and turn opening sidelight windows in the front wall, 0.56m wide x 1.79m high (1'10" x 5'10")
- 1 side hinged tilt and turn opening sidelight window in a side wall, 0.56m wide x 1.79m high (1'10" x 5'10")
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelights fully glazed to the floor
- Double glazed doors and windows (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Mortice lock with handles and keys
- Front roof canopy projection 0.8m (2'7")
- Doors and windows pre glazed
- Timber storm battens
- External cabin size 3.6m deep x 5.4m wide (11'10" x 17'9")
- Approximate roof size 4.5m deep x 5.8m wide (14'9" x 19'0")
- Internal cabin size 3.3m deep x 5.1m wide (10'10" x 16'9")
- Minimum base size 3.4m deep x 5.2m wide (11'2" x 17'1")
- Eaves height approximately 2.11m (6'11")
- Overall ridge height 2.41m (7'11") including floor joists and roof boards
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944(259). To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search, find Role and search for Summer Garden. Please note that a valid FSC claim must always be specific to an individual product. If you want an FSC certified product it must be described as FSC100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70% and accompanied by a valid licence number and certificate code from a genuine FSC member. Any other claim is invalid.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit international organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since it was established in 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest worldwide in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests around the world are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- The side window can be positioned in the left side wall or right side wall and does not need to be specified when ordering
- Untearable roofing felt
- One piece EPDM rubber roof membrane, a tough roof surface which is virtually maintenance free
- Floor insulation
- Roof insulation
- Additional double doors
- Additional sidelight windows
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A choice of composite decking kits
- Factory finished semi-opaque wood stain treatment in a choice of colours for the walls and a complimentary light colour for the doors and windows
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
- Natural wood oil preservative in a choice of colours
ONE PIECE EPDM ROOF: A tough EPDM rubber membrane is made in one piece to the size of your roof with no joins. It is easily fitted within a few minutes at normal temperatures with no heat required. EPDM rubber is completely inert, UV stable and not affected by extreme temperatures. It never perishes and it will not rot, split, crack or degrade. EPDM rubber lasts for years with little or no maintenance. It has been widely used in flat roofing for over 40 years from Alaska to the Middle East. It is increasingly popular in the UK where it is widely used for re-roofing flat roof garages and extensions. Even in extreme weather conditions EPDM rubber remains flexible and it will stretch to absorb any movement as a timber roof expands and contracts with the seasons.
UNTEARABLE ROOF FELT: This untearable mineral coated bitumen roofing felt is more durable than standard roofing felt. Standard felt is paper backed or fibreglass backed, both of which are very easy to tear or puncture. This weakness makes standard felt vulnerable to wind damage. Although our untearable roofing felt looks and feels the same it includes a concealed plastic membrane which makes it far stronger. The most common cause of damage to a standard felt roof is a gust of wind getting under the felt and tearing it. Once the felt is torn it is quickly ruined. Standard felt can be torn very easily but our untearable felt cannot be torn by hand without a cutting edge. Even aggressive attempts to tear the felt by hand will only wrinkle the edges as the hidden membrane is stretched.
ROOF INSULATION: The roof insulation is 50mm thick polyurethane foam with reflective silver alloy laminate facings on both sides. It is certified by the British Board of Agrement. The roof insulation is laid over the roof boards and below the roof covering. This ensures that the internal appearance is unchanged with attractive tongued and grooved boards. No internal lining boards are required. The kit features rigid foam boards which are lightweight and easy to install. The kit also includes decking boards which are laid over the insulation to provide a solid surface suitable for laying roofing felt or EPDM, even at a low pitch. Detailed instructions are supplied.
SEMI OPAQUE WOOD STAIN TREATMENT - FACTORY FINISHED: This high quality preservative finish is professionally applied in the factory. A semi opaque paint treatment is applied to the outside of the wall logs and to the doors and windows. The cabin walls are treated in a choice of colours. The doors and windows are treated inside and out in a complimentary light colour. This treatment is impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe and offers superior protection plus greater durability. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
NATURAL WOOD OIL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our traditional wood oil preservative is linseed oil based and provides a natural ecologically friendly alternative to modern alkyd based preservatives. Wood oil combines the waterproofing qualities of a paint finish with the high absorption rate of woodstain. The natural oiliness provides a highly water repellent surface which protects the wood from moisture. The oil also penetrates deep into the wood and emphasizes the grain. The high elasticity of wood oil allows it to expand and contract with the wood as climatic conditions vary. Three coats are recommended with a further coat after 1-3 years. One litre covers approximately 12 to 16 square metres. Coverage varies according to the smoothness and porosity of the timber so you should order more than you need. On average five litres covers a 10x8 log cabin with three coats and ten litres covers a 20x13 log cabin with 3 coats. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 10 weeks after order.
- Our log cabin prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- It is normally possible to deliver this log cabin even if access is restricted. The wall logs can be carried one or two at a time and all packages are designed to pass through a normal single door.
- If your order includes additional windows or doors the delivery may be a little slower.
FREE CRANE OFFLOAD: The delivery lorry normally includes a crane to unload your log cabin quickly and easily without assistance. There is normally one pack which is unloaded on the drive or verge at the front of your property. Larger cabins may be two or three packs which may be stackable. Pack sizes vary from around 3.0m long for a small cabin up to 6.5m long for a larger cabin. The packs are polythene wrapped and securely strapped while in transit but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry. The wall logs can be carried one or two at a time and all packages are designed to pass through a normal single door.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: The delivery vehicle is a large lorry at least 33' or 10m long and 8'6" or 2.6m wide, which is unloaded from the side. If there is no suitable unloading area at your property please contact us. With advance warning we can normally overcome most access restrictions, often at no extra cost. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding the access at your site.
- All log cabin prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this log cabin by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
- Low cost installation available in many areas
- Pay separately on completion