Hipped Roof Double Door Log Cabin 306 - Bespoke
The depth of the side wall can be up to 18' (5.4m). The width of the front wall can be up to 18' (5.4m). The price includes a double door and a large double opening window. You can choose the standard design with a door and window in the front or you can position the door and window anywhere at the same price. These luxury hipped roof summerhouses feature 28mm or 45mm thick wall logs, double glazing and decorative felt tiles. Other quality features include superb quality joinery doors and windows, a heavy duty timber floor and Georgian fanlight glazing. The patented corner assembly features profiled aluminium connectors with timber cover trims. A choice of preservative treatments are also available as options. Detailed instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option in many areas.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 25th September.
- Individually made to order. If you choose a non standard door and window position we will contact you before your order is processed to confirm your requirements.
- Side wall width up to 17'9" or 5.4m
- Front wall length up to 17'9" or 5.4m
- Doors and window glazed with glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Premium double glazed doors and windows with 24mm thick argon filled double glazing units, 16mm air gaps, a 1.1 U value and fitted with rubber weatherstrips to reduce draughts
- Georgian fanlight glazing
- Doors and windows are joinery made with fully profiled timbers and morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Double hinged doors, fully glazed with high security mortice lock and lever handles in a chrome or brass finish
- Durable aluminium door threshold
- 1 double opening window with 2 outward opening side hinged sashes
- Unique patented wall jointing system with aluminium connectors concealed by timber cover trims
- Easy assembly of the walls with no nails or screws, which also allows for timber movement
- All timber used in the construction of this log cabin originates from sustainable forests
- As with most log cabins, the roof is supplied unassembled with the rafters and roof boards cut to size
- These log cabins are untreated as standard - the pictures show the optional preservative treatments available
- 28mm or 45mm thick tongued and grooved wall logs (finished size after machining)
- 28mm log cabins feature pressure treated ex 3"x2" foundation beams (finished size 45mm x70mm)
- 45mm log cabins feature pressure treated ex 3"x3" foundation beams (finished size 70mm x70mm)
- Substantial timber floor
- 19mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Powder coated metal ridge cover with a choice of decorative ridge features
- Decorative mineral felt tiles included in a choice of colours
- Double door width 4'0" (1210mm)
- Double door height 5'11" (1800mm)
- Window width 4'0" (1210mm)
- Window height 5'0" (1530mm)
- Eaves height 7'1" or 2150mm (all cabins)
- Ridge height 9'10" or 3000mm (3.0m deep cabins)
- Ridge height 10'6" or 3200mm (3.6m deep cabins)
- External roof overhang 10" to all sides (250mm)
- External cabin depth (side wall) - priced up to 1.8m (5'11"), 2.4m (7'10"), 3.0m (9'10"), 3.6m (11'10"), 4.2m (13'9"), 4.8m (15'9") or 5.4m (17'9")
- External cabin width (front wall) - priced up to 2.4m (7'10"), 3.0m (9'10"), 3.6m (11'10"), 4.2m (13'9"), 4.8m (15'9") or 5.4m (17'9")
- Internal cabin sizes - subtract 56mm if the logs are 28mm thick, subtract 90mm if the logs are 45mm thick
- This building is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections will pass through a normal single door
MADE TO MEASURE: These log cabins can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590 or send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
UNIQUE LOG CORNER ASSEMBLY: This quality garden room features a unique wall jointing system, which is both attractive and strong and combines the benefits of a log cabin with a conventional summerhouse. Each wall log slots into full length aluminium connector poles. The first log is laid at the bottom and the rest slot into each other, working upwards one log at a time. The aluminium is not visible inside and concealed outside by timber cover trims. The logs and the aluminium connectors are precision milled to ensure a neat fit. No screws or nails are required which makes installation easier and also allows for timber movement. The finished corner assembly is strong, weatherproof and draughtproof.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your log cabin is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your cabin all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your cabin frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend floor and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
HEAVY DUTY TONGUED AND GROOVED FLOOR: The timber floor kit features tongued and grooved floor boards and substantial floor joists. Skirting boards are also included to ensure a neat internal finish. The floor joists and tongued and grooved boards are supplied loose for fast assembly on site. Unlike many log cabin floor kits all timber is cut to size which saves time during installation. It also ensures that there are no visible joins in the finished floor. The floor is assembled quickly with no visible joints. With some cheaper cabins only the joists are cut to size and the boards must be cut in on site. This takes much longer and many of the joins are visible afterwards.
PRESSURE TREATED FOUNDATION BEAMS: Substantial foundation beams are laid on the base to support the walls. This ensures that the wall logs are not in contact with the ground. The foundation beams are pressure treated for durability. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. With the foundation beams this log cabin can be built without a floor. If required a timber or concrete floor can be laid inside after the walls and roof have been fitted.
JOINERY DOORS & WINDOWS: These log cabins feature joinery made door leaves and window sashes with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. This traditional jointing process is commonly used in the housebuilding industry when timber windows and doors are specified. A rebate or mortice is cut out in one piece of wood which precisely matches a tongue or tenon cut in the other piece of wood. Morticed and tenoned joints are the strongest type of joint used in the construction of wooden windows and doors. High quality handles, locks and hinges are also included.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DOORS AND WINDOWS WITH WEATHERSTRIPS: Our high performance premium window and door frames feature weatherstrips to reduce draughts. Weatherstrips are rubber gaskets which are fitted to the door and window frames. The weatherstrips are fitted in the rebates between the fixed outer frames and the hinged parts i.e. the window sashes and door leaves. As the doors and windows are closed the weatherstrips are compressed to form a seal. Heat loss is significantly lower through windows and doors which are fitted with weatherstrips.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 28mm or 45mm thick tongued and grooved wall logs
- Choice of the standard design or with the door and window positioned anywhere at the same price. The standard design features a front door and window with the door to the left or right. The standard design requires a wall at least 10' wide (3.0m). It is therefore not available with 8' wide cabins (2.4m).
- Choice of felt tile colours
- Choice of brass or chrome plated door and window handles
- Choice of decorative ridge features
- Additional opening windows
- Additional doors
- Internal partitions
- Internal doors
- Factory finished translucent wood stain treatment in a choice of one colour or two colours with the doors and windows being painted a different colour to the wall logs and roof
- Factory finished semi opaque paint treatment in a choice of one colour or two colours with the doors and windows being painted a different colour to the outside of the wall logs
- Microporous preservatives delivered only
- Underfloor insulation
- Roof insulation
TRANSLUCENT WOOD STAIN TREATMENT - FACTORY FINISHED: This high quality preservative finish is professionally spray applied in the factory to both sides of the timber. The cabin is treated inside and out in a choice of colours. You can choose one or two of our colours. The doors and windows can be sprayed the same colour as the wall logs and roof or painted a different colour. Treatment of the roof includes the rafters and boards. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
SEMI OPAQUE PAINT TREATMENT - FACTORY FINISHED: This high quality preservative finish is professionally applied in the factory. A colourless basecoat is applied to both sides of the walls. Then a semi opaque paint treatment is applied to the outside of the wall logs and to the doors and windows. You can choose one or two of our colours. The doors and windows can be painted the same colour as the wall logs or a different colour. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
UNDERFLOOR INSULATION: The underfloor insulation is designed to suit our timber floor. The rigid insulation boards are suspended between the floor joists and above the ground. The top face of the insulation is just below the floorboards. The solidity of the floor is unaffected by this design. The internal appearance is also unchanged with attractive and durable tongued and grooved boards. Sufficient fixings are supplied to ensure that the insulation is suspended at the optimum height. Detailed instructions are supplied. The floor insulation used is 50mm thick polystyrene which is certified by the British Board of Agrement.
ROOF INSULATION: The roof insulation is laid over the roof boards and below the roofing felt. This ensures that the internal appearance is unchanged with attractive tongued and grooved boards visible inside. No internal lining boards are required. The roof insulation kit includes rigid foam boards which are lightweight and easy to install. Longer felt nails are included for fixing the roofing felt or felt tiles through the insulation. Timber battens are also included to retain the insulation boards and to conceal the exposed edges. Detailed instructions are supplied. The roof insulation is 50mm thick polyurethane foam with reflective silver alloy laminate facings on both sides. It is certified by the British Board of Agrement.
INTERNAL PARTITIONS: Internal partitions can be positioned almost anywhere to suit your individual requirements. It is best to specify the exact position in advance so that the internal walls are built into the external walls for maximum stability and strength. If required, internal doors can be placed in a partition. It is less important to specify the internal door position in advance although it is easier to install if the door opening is pre-cut.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any log cabin. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your log cabin or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your log cabin at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your log cabin at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 9 weeks after order.
- Our log cabin prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
FREE CRANE OFFLOAD: The delivery lorry normally includes a crane to unload your log cabin quickly and easily without assistance. There is normally one pack which is unloaded on the drive or verge at the front of your property. Pack sizes vary from around 3.5m long for a small cabin to 5.5m long for a larger cabin. The packs are polythene wrapped and securely strapped while in transit but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry. The wall logs can be carried one or two at a time and all packages are designed to pass through a normal single door.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: The delivery vehicle is a large lorry, typically around 50' or 15m long and 9' or 2.7m wide, which is unloaded from the side. If there is no suitable unloading area at your property the driver can park several hundred yards away and carry the cabin with the forklift. The fork lift can carry the cabin sideways or end on so it can carry a long pack up a narrow lane. Although the tyres are all terrain the fork lift requires a firm and flat route from the parking area to your property with no steps or steep slopes. With advance warning we can normally overcome most access restrictions, often at no extra cost. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding the access at your site.
DELIVERY TO SCOTLAND: Although southern Scotland is inside our normal delivery area we can also deliver to other parts of Scotland. The delivery period may be a week or two longer and there may be additional delivery costs. Please phone 01603 721590 for further details.
- All log cabin prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this log cabin by phone or online.
- Low cost installation is available in most areas
- Low fixed rates
- Payment on completion