Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Apex Summerhouse 086 - Shiplap, FSC® Certified
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944(259), licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden
- These summerhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative. Further treatment is recommended soon after installation.
- 35mm x 35mm planed deal framework throughout (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Front roof projection 11" (300mm)
- Morticed and tenoned joinery double doors and windows
- Double hinged fully glazed doors
- 3'1" wide double doors (935mm)
- 2 low level fixed non opening windows, one each side of the doors
- Fully opening window with low level glazing positioned in one of the side walls
- All windows and doors glazed with timber beading and clear styrene
- Internal height at lowest point 5'6" (1675mm)
- Eaves height 5'9" (1750mm)
- Ridge height 6'11" (2105mm)
HIGHER SPECIFICATIONS: These competitively priced summerhouses feature higher specifications than other summerhouses at similar prices. Quality features include morticed and tenoned joinery windows, 12mm finished thickness tongued and grooved floor boards and 33mm x 33mm finished thickness planed framing. Most other budget price summerhouses include man made OSB floors just 7mm thick, framing only 25mm x 25mm or 1" x 1" and styrene glazing less than 2mm thick.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944(259). To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search, find Role and search for Summer Garden. Please note that a valid FSC claim must always be specific to an individual product. If you want an FSC certified product it must be described as FSC100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70% and accompanied by a valid licence number and certificate code from a genuine FSC member. Any other claim is invalid.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit international organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since it was established in 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest worldwide in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests around the world are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- The walls of these summerhouses are interchangeable and the window can be located to either side. This can be decided on site and does not need to be specified when ordering.
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for two coats on an 8'x10' shed or an 8'x8' log cabin. Ten litres is enough for three coats on a 10'x16' shed or a 12'x10' log cabin. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the polyurethane clear seal. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average five litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on a 12'x12' floor, two coats on the walls of an 8'x8' log cabin or one coat on the walls of a 12'x16' log cabin. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
- Delivery is normally between 1 and 2 weeks after order
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- Kerbside delivery with advance notice.
- This summerhouse is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
- All prices for these summerhouses include VAT.