Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Apex Summerhouse 451 - Double Glazed, Low Level Glazing
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- Toughened double glazed doors and windows included as standard
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelight windows fully glazed to the floor
- 2 non opening fully glazed front windows (8', 10' and 12' wide summerhouses)
- 4 non opening fully glazed front windows (14' and 16' wide summerhouses)
- 2 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, one in each side wall
- Fully glazed double opening hinged doors with mortice lock fitted
- Chrome finish door handles and hinges
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong ex 5" x 2" planed deal roof purlins (120mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed deal framework (45mm x 45mm finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Green mineral felted roof
- External eaves height 6'8" (2041mm)
- 10' wide buildings external ridge height 8'4" (2530mm)
- 12' wide buildings external ridge height 8'8" (2635mm)
- 14' wide buildings external ridge height 9'5" (2876mm)
- 16' wide buildings external ridge height 9'9" (2980mm)
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FRAMING: These heavy duty summerhouses feature exceptionally strong framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. Framing timber is normally supplied in standard timber sizes. The nominal size is the size before machining. The finished size after planing is normally around 5mm smaller. Framing of at least 50x25mm or 38x38mm nominal thickness is recommended for smaller summerhouses up to 6'x8'. Framing of at least 50x38m nominal thickness is recommended for larger summerhouses up to 8'x10'. Framing of 2"x2" or 50x50mm nominal thickness or larger is recommended for the largest summerhouses.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap cladding or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls, floor and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- These summerhouses can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
- A choice of composite decking kits
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for all normal uses. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards. The heavy duty floor features 19mm thick tongued and grooved boarding, which is similar to the tongued and grooved boarding used in housebuilding. It also features joists which are spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items such as ride on mowers and large motorbikes where a considerable weight may be concentrated on one or two small points.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these offices is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your office can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 10 and 12 weeks after order for delivered only summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. Most other summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and their prices are based on weight and pack sizes. National carriers normally refuse to carry glass and generally cause more damage. As a result summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are normally made in smaller sections and weigh less, with thinner cladding and framing, styrene glazing less than 2mm thick and OSB floor and roof boards just 7mm thick. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY 18th MAY!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this summerhouse!
- This offer ends on Wednesday 18th May so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!